Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vacation All I Ever Wanted

I know, I know, I have been totally out of it lately. I would like to say it is because I have been on vacation -- but the truth is I only have been on vacation this past week.

More truth is my brain has been all over the map recently. What, with the novel and the blog and rowing and crushes and the Republican and my family and my friends and my future and my past and I think I have finally figured out why.

Because I just turned another year older.

Don’t you hate that? Not turning another year older. I mean, sometimes that sucks. But this year I am pretty okay with it. What I mean is I hate when some small part of your brain you don’t even know about takes control and starts making you do and think things you aren’t ready to do or think.

Worse, you start to wonder why you are doing and thinking these things and you can’t figure it out. That is until you wake up and the reason is sitting on your chest, smacking you in the face.

That happened to me Tuesday morning. And just like the time my TV screen was skipping and so I got up and hit the side of it in an effort to make it stop; my brain just stopped working. Of course this time there was no final flash of light before it just went black.

Since then I have tried to use my brain as little as possible. I’ve been reading trashy beach reads, drinking more than I should and playing the occasional game of Asshole with my brother and his friends. It seems to be working as my brain finally feels ready to be turned back on again.

So, now I am trying to sort out all my thoughts and feelings and prepare myself for this next year in my life. Hopefully you can forgive my absence and hopefully I can get my head back on straight and start writing again.

1 comment:

Tina Marina said...

Well, first off: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

(At least, I think I detected a birthday in there somewhere. I may have been mistaken.)

I have been vacationing as well, and there is some small part of me that just wants to be home getting my shit together. However, there is a larger part that wants me to watch old episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" and sleep, which is currently stabbing the tiny part.

By the way, Asshole is the best game ever.