Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Running Through South Philly

Sometimes I really love living in South Philly.

Yesterday, I was finishing up my late-afternoon run in the unseasonably hot weather, sweating and disgusting and wondering what the heck I was thinking running in this weather. I approached a hardware store, where four or five older gentlemen were seated in camping chairs having a heated discussion. A heated and colorful discussion.

As I ran in place at the corner, across the street from the hardware store, the oldest looking man shouted a quick “hey” and indicated in my direction.

The yelling and swearing stopped.

The older man continued to watch me as I ran across the street and around the corner until he could no longer see me, which is when he said, “alright” and immediately the debate began again.

It’s nice to know some men can still recognize a lady when they see one.

2 comments:

Tina Marina said...

AWWWW...

That's all I can manage.

Though I think it also would have been pretty sweet had you weighed in on what they'd been so loudly discussing.

Ouizee said...

Time travel is fun, no?